I welcomed this year through meditation for the very first time. 10 days of silence in Tasmania, Australia. It was hard. It was beautiful. Man, it changed my life. This year I changed, grew, wandered, challenged myself, loved, lost, danced, laughed, let curiosity overcome fear, let myself be, lived. My gosh did I live.
Here’s a few highlights from the year I chose to just say yes. I hope you enjoy but more importantly I hope you leave feeling inspired to create more of your own! VAMOS!
OVER 6 MONTHS ON THE ROAD.
44 FLIGHTS. 6 COMPLIMENTARY, BUSINESS CLASS.
20 DESTINATIONS. 11 FOR ‘WORK’ THE REST FOR PLAY.
MAJORITY OF THEM:
Best of 2016 travels
* Floated up in the clouds on a hot air balloon overlooking Yarra Valley for Tourism Victoria’s #WanderVictoria Campaign.
* Got my first taste of Japan with Tourism Japan. Sold a bunch of travel photos and was pretty much set for the next few months.
* Made my way over to South America for the very first time meeting other influencers from the Americas for Paypal Australia’s #RiobyPaypal Campaign. Capturing Rio De Janeiro before the Olympics. This was the start of my ‘official solo adventures.‘
* Conquered my first hike up Rainbow Mountain, passing over 5000m above sea level. Thinking that I was going to die (the oxygen is super thin) but I made it in the end and damn what a view!
* Stayed longer than expected in Peru, meeting new friends and living the Peruvian expat life for a little while in Cusco. I even went back to school with mi espanol classes in Peru and then Cartagena, Colombia.
* Solo travel around South America for 2 months with nothing but two backpacks.
* Hung up the hiking boots and all I wanted to do was dance on Colombia’s Caribbean coast. And that, I did. Champeta, Salsa, Bachata… (insert lady dancing emoji here!)
* Seeing the unexpected beauty on the South Island with Tourism New Zealand.
* Camping in the Australian outback with friends. 15km bike ride around Uluru and Kata Tjuta hike.
* First time aboard a cruise ship for the inaugural launch of Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas.
* Yoga mornings and the supermoon in Miami and a peek at Art Basel.
* Finally making my way over to Tulum for a week long yoga retreat. Plus extending and exploring more of Mexico with friends – video diary coming soon!
Here’s to more adventures for the new year.
Here’s to more adventures for life.
Merry Christmas all!